Goal Hub is like an extension of your quick-edit Sidebar that allows you to delve deeper into your objective - its progress, the elements feeding into it, activity and strategic contribution.
Click the (Explore icon) against the Objective or Measure or Action from the Planner or from the relevant Sidebar page to access the Goal Hub. If the tracking and schedule are updated, you will see the expected progress in dotted lines, and the actual progress in the Goal Hub. Hover the mouse over the graph to view the progress and health over time.
Everything is now organized into clearly labeled tabs. Depending on what type of entity you are viewing, these will be a bit different.
What do you interpret from Goal Hub?
With Goal Hub, you can:
- obtain a holistic view of an objective's performance, understand key priorities/challenges, and plan your efforts accordingly
- visualize how an entity has performed over time, against expectations - progress and health
- inspect the audit trail for an entity and obtain more details about a specific event
- visualize in real-time with data rendered from inline changes, table updates, etc.
And these are interpreted from the different tabs in Goal Hub!
- Progress Tracking: Shows the actual progress made by you against the expected progress! The Update History area shows what updates were made, by whom, and when. You can also make real-time progress here by manually scooting the progress bar or add historical progress by editing the "Measure Data" table.
The Measure Data table displays the target and the actual data for the measure over different dates. While the target is calculated based on the Update Schedule that you specify in the Measure, the actual shows the actual progress that you make. Click Edit Data to add some values, going back in dates, and you will see the progress updated with those values. If you've multiple entries on the same date, hover the mouse over the tooltip to look at the timestamp and understand when each entry was made on that day! Click the three dots against a row either to add rows to add progress in the dates you wish, or to delete rows to remove certain entries. Click Save to see the progress graph changing accordingly!
In case of milestones tracked actions, you can click Modify Milestone Schedule to edit the milestone details, dates, add new milestones or remove all milestones. Click Reset to revert the changes, and X icon to delete a milestone!
- Success Criteria: Shows the relationship an objective has with its success criteria, and how their health and progress define the objective's health! You can quick-edit them from the relevant sidebars or make real-time progress updates from here!
- Activity: Displays the entire history of updates (comments, progress updates, risks) made on the entity since the day of its creation, thus leaving a trail for audit!
- Updates: Displays all the updates made on the objective. It'll display a snapshot of the objective when the post was updated to look into the details from the Objective Sidebar. You can post updates or add comments to these updates here! Also, if you wish to share it elsewhere, you can click the three dots against the update, click Copy Update Link, and paste it in Slack, Teams, mail, etc., to share the link to the Updates page!
- Risks: Displays the risks, and its related components. You can also create a risk from here, or can click Report this to take you to the Reports page to see a report on risks!
You can also scoot the slide bar to make progress updates, quick-edit the relevant entities from the Sidebar, or add any success criteria with the relevant Add options!
Why use the Goal Hub instead of just the Sidebar?
Use it when you need to delve deeper into the granular details of your Goals. This means anything from seeing a chart that visualizes goal progress over time, finding a comment on an Update to tuning your tracking to be juuuuust right. The Goal Hub also gives you more space to view your Goal when the sidebar just isn't quite big enough!