While you can easily reorder the goals within an objective by a simple drag and drop action (See How to Reorder within a Plan?), moving them across objectives of the same or different plans previously required significant manual effort - You can change the strategic contribution of a goal from the Edit Sidebar. Under the Contributes to section, click Edit across Parent, and choose the relevant objective from the list to move them either under a different objective of the same plan, or under an objective of a different plan!
From the Planner page, click the three dots against the relevant entity and click Move.
You can also do this from the sidebar, goal hub and focus area pages - just click the three dots next to the title, and click Move.
- Entities can only be moved individually (one-by-one).
- Entities cannot be moved to their existing location (will trigger a validation error).
- Once moved, if you wish to revert, then you need to follow the same steps again to move it back! You'll soon have the "undo" option!
- The audit trail of the "move" flow is available in the "Activity log" of the goal hub.
While you can choose to move the project or measure to a different objective within the same plan or to an objective in a different plan, you can move actions under a project or objective in the same or different plan.
Choose the relevant option and click Confirm - You'll see a success banner with a link to navigate to the target objective or project!
Who can move the goals?
Only Admins and those with "edit permissions" on the plans and goals can move them within or between plans!
How does the move flow work with privacy?
You'll not be able to select a plan, objective or project to move entities to, if you do not have edit access. This could also apply when
- you have can view access to a plan,
- or, the plan is set to can view or a team you're part of is given can view access to a plan.
The chosen view only plan, objective or project will be disabled in the dropdown and you'll see View access only on hover.
Is it possible to move multiple goals at once (i.e., bulk move)?
This is not possible at this point in time, but we'll soon enable this in future.
How does the move flow impact health and progress?
Moving objectives, measures, projects and actions within and between plans will update the health and progress of the related entities.
- If an objective is moved to a different focus area(s), then the contribution of that objective to focus area health will be diverted to its new focus area(s).
- If an objective is moved to a different plan, then the contribution of that objective to focus area and plan health will be diverted to its new focus area(s) and plan.
- If a measure, project or action are moved to a different parent, then the contribution of that measure, project, or action to progress and health will be diverted to its new parent (objective or project).