You can invite users to your workspace from either of these places:
- Invite People from the bottom-left of your screen from any page.
- Click icon from the top of any of the pages, and click Invite Teammates.
- From the Settings > Admin > Users tab.
- From the Plans and Teams page. (See Adding users from "Plans and Teams" page)
You need to provide their email address and the role that you need them to have, and click Send Invite(s). While you can send an invite to just one person at a time from Invite People option, you can invite more than one person from the Users tab.
The Roles can be:
- Admin: Can manage billing, strategy model, company, teams, users, and everything else.
- Manager: Can create/manage plans and teams, users across the organization.
- Contributor: Can create/edit plans they have access to. They cannot invite users nor can they perform or view Administration page.
- Viewer: Can view and comment on all public plans. This is a free role and does not have any effect on the user seat or billing.
Once the invite is sent, the available seats and the subscription amount (seen in the Billing tab) gets adjusted automatically.
On inviting, in the Users tab, the user list is updated with the status as Invited, and you can edit their details further by clicking on the three dots in their respective row. You can sort the fields by filtering the users based on Status or Roles or both.
The Status can be:
- Invited: Invite sent, and not accepted by the user.
- Enabled: User has accepted the invite, and logged into the workspace. Or, if you've invited an user who already has an account with us.
- Disabled: User has been disabled, and cannot log back in.
Team member receives the email:
Once the invite is sent, a mail is triggered, and the invited user can see their invitation from Cascade in their inbox. Click Accept Invite, and sign-up to log into the workspace. Remember, their username is automatically their email unless you change it in the Admin > Users settings, or the user can change it from My Profile under their profile initials at the top right-corner from any of the pages. Just type in the password, and click Continue. The user will then be prompted to enter their name and job title!
If the invited user already has an account with us, then they're added directly into the new workspace without having to authenticate again. This is because we've linked their accounts and mapped them across so as to bring down the noise and clutter during login or sig-up! However, during subsequent logins, they'll be asked to choose the workspace they want to work on!
If the user misses the invite or if the invite is expired, click Resend Invite from the three dots against their name, and they will see the mail in their inbox! You can also copy-paste the link from the Copy Invite Link, and pass the invite link over to the user!
How to add user from the "Plans and Teams'' page?
The users can be added from both All Plans and All Teams tabs.
From the All Plans tab:
- Search or click the plan that you need. The Planner page opens.
- Under the Plan Details area, click the three dots against the objective, measure or action and click Edit.
- In the Edit Objective (/Measure/Action) window, expand the Collaborators section, type the email address of the user you need to invite. As you type, it will prompt that the invite will be sent in mail, and when you click on it, the mail address gets added with '(new seat)' mentioned, and there will be a message displayed on the user seat and subscription changes.
- Click Save.
From the All Teams tab:
- Click Create New Team, if you want to create a new team and add new or existing users to it.
- The Create New Team window opens.
- Enter a name (mandatory) for the team and in the Team members field, you can add existing users from the list, or type the email address of the new user. As you type, it will prompt that the invite will be sent in mail, and when you click on it, the mail address gets added with '(new seat)' mentioned, and there will be a message displayed on the user seat and subscription changes.
- Click Save.
- Search or click the team to which you need to add new users.
- The respective Teams' Home page opens.
- On the right side, under Team Members section, click Add Team Members.
- The Team Members window opens, and under the Add New tab, you can add existing users from the list, or type the email address of the new user. As you type, it will prompt that the invite will be sent in mail, and when you click on it, the mail address gets added with '(new seat)' mentioned, and there will be a message displayed on the user seat and subscription changes.
- Click Add.
Please note that in both the above cases, the user will be added as a Contributor only. If you wish to change their role, you need to do this from the Admin > Users page. See Edit a User to know how to change roles for a user.
While inviting users, I can see different type of roles assigned to them, though I've not explicitly assigned any!
Yes! While you're inviting during the Free Trial period, you can choose to assign them as Admin, Managers, Contributors, or Viewers. If you do not choose any, by default, Contributor role is displayed and assigned! Once the free trial is over, the invited users will retain their roles. However, they'll not be able to do Admin or Manager related actions till you upgrade to Premium. New users cannot be invited until the minimum number of users is at 3!
Now, when you invite them via the Collaborators section of the objectives/measures/actions, or from the Team members option in Teams pages, they'll automatically be invited as Contributors. You can later assign them to a different role, as needed, from the Admin > Users settings!
If you're in a Free tier plan, then you can only invite users as Admins, and can have only 5 users in your workspace!
I invited my team member to Cascade but they have not received the mail still!
Please check if the mail is in the spam folder, and if its not available in anywhere, go to Admin > Users, search for the user, and from the three dots against their name, you can either click Resend Invite to send the invite again, or click Copy Invite Link, and pass the link to them to access it, and sign-in!