Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM with Cascade
If you're managing your customer data, lead opportunities, sales number, deal probabilities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and want to bring it to Cascade, then here it is - a very easy and quick way to integrate and track actions or KPIs! While you can bring in a lot of numerical KPIs tracked with this integration, we'll see an use case of hooking an action's current progress like the probability of a deal getting closed, tracked in Dynamics 365 to Cascade via Zapier!
Every time the value changes in the Dynamics 365, Cascade automatically updates those for you! This integration with Cascade is enabled through Zapier!
Before you proceed, it's important that these pre-requisites are met:
- An 'action' in Cascade that has Zapier chosen as the tracking type.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 account with Pipeline Opportunities that has the probability value (that needs to be updated in Cascade's action).
- Dynamics domain address from your Dynamics 365 account.
- Zapier account.
See How to Use Zapier with Cascade article to establish a connection between Cascade and Zapier.
- Create a Zap: When you select Zapier from the action's tracking section, a modal pop-up redirects you to Zapier. Click + Create Zap from the left navigation pane. You'll now see the Zap's builder interface. On the top-left, enter the name for your Zap!
- Connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM: Search for Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM app, and set the event as Opportunity Updated. Choose your Dynamics 365 CRM account - it'll prompt to enter the domain address which can be obtained from your Dynamics 365 account URL (org9b5de41g.crm6.dynamics.com).
Click Next, and Zapier establishes the connection with Dynamics 365 CRM!Remember to remove the "/" at the end of the domain address after "dynamics.com" while pasting here!
- Connect to Cascade Strategy: Choose Cascade Strategy, and allow the connection to your Cascade account. The event is set to Update Action Current Progress in this case! Select the Workspace, Plan, and the Action to be updated. In the Action Value field, choose the value that you need to map from Dynamics 365 CRM to Cascade!
- Review and Publish: Test the zap to see if the action is updated in Cascade. Publish the zap, and the integration is enabled. You've now successfully established the trigger and action. Once the zap is published, whenever you update the probability of the opportunity in the Dynamics 365 tool, the value will automatically be updated in Cascade!
Go to Cascade, and in the action that you chose Zapier as tracking, you'll see the progress updated! It might take a while to reflect the progress.
For more help with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM-Zapier workflows, please search for "Dynamics 365 CRM" in Zapier Help Center!
My test with Zapier was unsuccessful. How should I proceed?
You can skip the test, and proceed to publish the zap. It might still reflect the progress in Cascade perfectly. But if it does not update the value, then reach out to us.
There is a connection error with Zapier!
Start a new zap connection, and redo the steps.
I want an aggregate of all the opportunities' probability percentage!
With this integration, this is not possible! You can only get the progress values of individual opportunities!
"404 or Troubleshoot" error!
Please check if you've an action created in Cascade with Zapier chosen as Tracking! Create a new zap, and redo the steps! If the issue persists, please contact us!
I've completed all the steps, and yet the Publish to Zap is disabled. Why?
Look out for against any of the steps. If this is shown, it means that the particular step is not completed. Please go back, complete that step, and you'll now see that the publish is enabled!