You can assign a team to your plan to collaborate and align to the outcomes that you wish to achieve. Instead of working in siloes, work together with your team members to build the best possible strategy.
Assign a team while creating a plan:
If you've already built the teams in your workspace, then you can assign them to the plans either
- when you create a plan from scratch within Cascade:
- in the Add new plan window, click + Add team.
- Now, in the Team field, select the relevant team from the drop-down list.
- or, at the time of importing the plans from its original source:
- in the Import your plan window, choose the team from the list against the Team field.
Assign a team to a plan that already exists:
Assigning a plan to a team is not mandatory and can be done even later from the Planner page. This can be done in two ways:
- Against the plan name, click the three dots, and click Plan settings. Choose the relevant team from the drop-down list against the Team field.
- Or, underneath the plan name, click the + Assign to team against the Assigned team field. The Plan settings window displays, and you can then choose the relevant team! You can also do this from the from the Recently viewed area of the All Plans page, if you've edit permissions on that plan!
The team will be assigned to the specific plan and this plan will be listed under the Plans section in that Team's Home page!
If you create a new plan from here (team's home page), you'll see the team name automatically populated in the Team field!
What're the permissions that a team inherits when assigned to a plan?
When access is given at a team level, then
- the team owner automatically inherits ownership of the plan,
- all the members of that team inherit the default view or edit access that you assign the team,
- if the team has a can view access, but the team members own or collaborate on goals, then they'll still be able to edit the goals they work on!
- within a team, viewers get default view access, while admins get default edit access,
- a team assigned to a plan at the time of its creation will automatically inherit view access,
- a team member once removed from that team, will no longer the access that's assigned to the team. However, if the team member owns or collaborates on a goal in the plan or given exclusive view/edit access, then they'll still retain that access to the plan, irrespective of they being removed from the team!
See Team Permissions for details!
Can a plan be assigned to multiple teams?
No, plans cannot be shared between teams. However, you can add different team members as owners and collaborators across any number of entities in different plans!
Can a team be assigned to multiple plans?
Yes, a team can have multiple plans under it!
Can I change the plan owner?
- If a plan is assigned to a team, and you change the team owner, then they'll automatically inherit the plan ownership.
- If there is no team assigned to a plan, then the plan owner would be the one who created it and you'll not be able to change them!
When a plan is assigned to a team, will those team members automatically inherit edit access?
The team and its team members will automatically inherit view access to the plan! You need to manually give them edit access from the Share modal.
When a plan is assigned to a team, can we add other team members as owners or collaborators of goals in that plan?
Yes! You can add anyone in your workspace or even invite new members (if you're an Admin or Manager) to own or collaborate in a plan.
If a private plan is assigned to a team, will the team members automatically inherit edit access even if they're not owners or collaborators in the plan?
The team members will automatically inherit view access to the plan! You need to manually give them edit access from the Share modal.
If a team member is removed from a team and the plan the team was assigned to is now made private, what will they see?
The plan will be hidden and they'll not be able to see anything with regards to that plan.
If they're tagged in an update, then they'll receive a notification that someone has mentioned them in an update. However, the update will be hidden when clicking on the notification! Also, it'll be hidden from their home page as well!
In case of being mentioned in a comment, there'll be no notifications and this information is completely hidden!
But for a user who has access to the private plan, we want to let the user decide if they want to share the data publicly. We provide the context via a banner on dashboard or report and planner to inform the users so they can convert the dashboard or report to private if they want to keep the information confidential.
If a team is assigned to a plan, will the ownership of the be transferred to the team owner?
Yes, the team owner automatically inherits the ownership of the plan once the plan is assigned to a team! If no team is assigned, then you'll either see a + Assign to team option or nothing, depending on the edit or view permissions that you've on that plan!
How to get insights on the performance of plans assigned to teams?
From Dashboards > Add widget > Custom charts, choose Team as the data source to build visuals and get insights on the performance of your team. You can get insights on the health, progress, or count of objectives, measures, actions, or projects in regards to the relevant team and its team members.
Also, you can build the Teams table in Reports if you need to look at the performance of a team and its team members, and the initiatives they're part of!
A user was removed from the team but I can still see that they hold edit access to the plan!
Check if they own or collaborate on a goal in that plan, If yes, then their access will not be revoked when they're not part of the team and you need to manually revoke their access from the Share modal.