Though charts, graphs, etc. are visually appealing, almost everyone needs to have a "report" to understand and communicate the progress. It's like, "never forget your roots!"
Reports are narratives that reflect on the progress made which are not only strategic-focused, but can also be function-based! These create experiences that assist in the process of reviewing and evaluating progress by observing in-detail raw data of the past, and turning them into actionable narratives. This is done by helping you not only have the flexibility to create the structure of your reports but also by providing the ease to use frameworks to create insights. These reports are tailor-made and ready for regular review meetings at any time with not much burden on preparing data!
Click Reports from the left navigation menu, and click Create Report. You can do this action from the Reports page as well by clicking + New Report at the top-right, this will open a pop-up window in which you will name your report, and click Save. An intuitive copy of the report appears, which you can edit as per your needs!
By default, whoever creates the report becomes its Owner, however, they can be changed from the report's Settings. Refer Report Settings article to know more on settings, changing ownership, and access permissions for reports!
- Click into the Headline text box or insert icon to give a headline to your report. You can choose different styles for headlines from the drop-down list - till three levels are supported! Also, you can align them to appear on the left, center or right.
- Click into the Notes text box or insert icon to add narratives about the report with different styles - till three levels are supported, align them left, right or center, add ordered or unordered bullets to display details, or highlight them in bold, italics or underline format.
- Click Edit this table to open the data source for the report or insert icon to generate a report. You can either choose the Objectives table, Teams table, Initiatives table, or Measures table depending on what you want to report on! While the Objectives table reports on the performance of objectives and its associated success criteria in plans, focus areas, and teams assigned to those plans, the Teams table reports on the performance of the team and its members, the Initiatives table reports on the performance of individual users or owners, and the Measures table reports on the performance of measures in your workspace!
- Click Teams in "Teams table", Owners in "Initiatives table", Measures in "Measures table", or Teams, Plans or Focus Area in "Objectives table" to select the Team(s), the Plan(s) associated with it, and the Focus Area(s) of those plan(s). You can click Clear All to clear the selected data, and re-select the required ones. Once selected, click Apply.
- Now, in the next page, you need to select the date or the days range for which you need the report for. In the case of "Teams table", "Measures table", and "Initiatives table", you can edit the date range from the Edit Table Settings by clicking Change against Time Range to select your desired date range. Click Clear All to clear the selected values, and re-select. Click Go Back to go back to your previous data source. Once you're done with the selections, click Apply.You'll see the report display only those objective, measure, project or action that fall under the time range that you've selected!
- Select the table columns that you need in the report, apply filters, or group the data and display the report as needed! Details of these settings are explained in the upcoming articles in this section!
- Click the Image icon to add the logo or an image to your report. While the logo will be displayed in your reports or presentations and can adapt to any size, the height is mostly fixated at 64px. Though you can add images of any format, it would appear best if uploaded in JPG, JPEG or PNG formats.
- Click the Chart icon and choose the type of widget that you need to generate! For example, you can click to choose a pie chart which'll show the count of objectives grouped by health within focus area/plan/team/owner, depending on the data source that you choose from the list. Give a title to the widget to display the pie chart. If you've two pie charts, you can very well drag and place them next to each other! See details on the other universal charts here - "Single Measure Performance" widget, "Current State of Measure" widget, and so on.
- Once created, the reports are auto-saved reducing your burden of doing a save operation every time! However, if you wish to revert the action that you just did, click the Undo icon! And when there's an undo, there'll always be the option to redo it - just click the Redo icon!
- Click Share to share the report with the users in your workspace. Type their email addresses, give view-edit access, and click Share. They'll receive a notification (if enabled) that a report is shared with them. Remember that, only the report creators, or the users with Admin role can give permissions! See Report Permissionsfor details.
- From the Share option, under the Export section, you can export your report as a PDF and share it with the users outside your workspaces. See Export your Reports for details!
- Click Present Report to enter the presentation mode - this will open the report in a dynamic pdf view where you can analyze the data, and interact with the various components in a quick glance!
- Click the(comment) icon. This will open the Comments sidebar - leave a comment (use rich-text, align, apply styles), use "@" to tag someone/team in the workspace, and click Send. If you've enabled the notifications for "Someone mentions me" in your profile settings, then you'll receive a notification in-app/email/both. You'll also see an orange dot in the comment icon if you're mentioned but have not yet seen it. You can add comments to the reports and snapshots as well!
How to edit, delete, and manage the elements in a report?
As and when the different components like notes, title, table, etc., are added in a report, you can hover the mouse over them to edit them, reorder them, or just drag the corners to resize them.
Click the to open the sidebar which displays the constituents of the report. Click any of the boxes to highlight those components in the main area. Hover the mouse over these boxes, and click the trash icon to delete the relevant element from the report. You can also delete them from the main section by hovering the mouse over them, and clicking delete from the three dots (Widget options).
Can I build a report that has only the actions or measures?
Not at this point for actions or projects! In case of measures, you can build the Measures table and filter it to display the data you wish to see!
However, with the Objectives table, you can drilldown the objectives to look at the actions and measures. You can choose only those focus areas under which the objectives lie so that it would make the report simpler! Or, you can build an Initiatives table, and choose the owner, and this table will automatically list only those actions and measures they own!
Can I export the report or share them externally?
Yes! See Export your Reports for details!
I'm only seeing a column on risk in the report tables, where will I see the risk matrix?
If you want to see a risk matrix, go to the goal hub of an objective, measure, project or action in which the risk is added, and in the Risks tab, click Report this. You'll be redirected to the reports page with a risk matrix populated! Or, you can click the Chart icon to insert a Risk Distribution Scatter Plot and choose the relevant objective to bring up the visuals on the risk added to it!
Can I upgrade just one member of my Team to premium so that I can make more full reports? And leave the others at the free end for them to just view reports?
No, the tier benefits are at workspace level, and not at user or plan levels. If you've viewer seats left, you can add them as viewers, and they'll inherit the view access to all functionalities across the workspace. However, the report must also have a public access for others to view it.
If you need to enjoy premium benefits, we can extend your trial for a while so that you can explore all the features that the premium tier has to offer. But the best way would be to upgrade and unlock strategic insights!