Connect customer experience metrics from Dynamics 365 to strategy in Cascade
Whether you’re a strategic leader responsible for customer retention and expansion or an operational leader driving customer relationships, bringing your customer experience metrics closer to your strategy will help you drive faster results and improve your brand value.
Connect Dynamics 365 with Cascade to bring visibility on your key metrics like Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT), revenue per region, customer renewal and churn rate, and so on. With this integration, you can automatically update your measures in Cascade, and report accurate progress on your strategic objectives.
This connection is enabled through Zapier! Eliminate the need to go back and forth between Cascade and your Dynamics 365 tool. Keep your data up-to-date, accurate, and right where you need it. Save time spent on reporting and monitoring your strategy.
Being that one source of truth with centralized access to all company data, Cascade provides the ability to transform statistical information into actionable insights and a compelling narrative with effective data storytelling!
Before you establish the connection, it is important that these prerequisites are met:
- A ‘Premium’ tier account in Cascade to access Zapier connections.
- A 'Measure' that is associated with your 'Objective' in the plan that you created in Cascade, and want to link to your Dynamics 365 CRM.
- The tracking type of the measure is set as Zapier, with the initial and target values defined.
- A valid Zapier account.
- A premium Dynamics 365 account.
- An opportunity in Dynamics 365 app that has the measure's progress value (that needs to be updated in Cascade).
Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Cascade:
Step 1: Connect Zapier with Cascade
It is important to establish a connection between Zapier and Cascade to start integrating the measures. You can then use the same connection to integrate other apps to Cascade via Zapier.
- From the measure’s sidebar, under the Tracking section, select Zapier.
- Enter the initial and target values for the measure to track progress. If you wish to customize the tracking option, toggle the Maintain button to define target and critical limits.
- Click Save.
When you select Zapier from the measure's tracking section, a modal pop-up redirects you to Zapier. You'll now see the zap’s interface.
Alternatively, you can also establish a connection from Zapier.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Click My Apps > + Add connection, and search for Cascade Strategy.
- Enter your Cascade credentials to establish the connection!
See How to Use Zapier with Cascade for more information!
Step 2: Sync the progress of measures in Dynamics 365 to the relevant measures in Cascade
Now, to sync the progress made in Dynamics 365 opportunities to a measure in Cascade, you’ll need to get those details in the zap’s interface!
1. Set up the trigger:
- Click + Create Zap or My Zaps from the left navigation pane to either create a new zap from scratch or to use a pre-made zap.
- Search for Dynamics 365, and choose a relevant trigger.
The value obtained from this trigger must be mapped to the measure value in Cascade later. Remember that, when you choose your Dynamics 365 CRM account, it'll prompt you to enter the domain address which can be obtained from your Dynamics 365 account URL (org9b5de41g.crm6.dynamics.com).
- Select the opportunities’ details in which the measure resides.
To understand the different triggers from Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, troubleshooting, and other related help information with the Dynamics 365 - Zapier workflows, please search for "Dynamics 365 CRM" in the Zapier Help Center!
2. Update measure in Cascade:
- Now, select Cascade Strategy to update progress of the measure in Cascade.
- Select the Cascade workspace, plan, and measure.
- Choose the Measure value from the triggered values obtained from the Dynamics 365 event.
- Click Save.
Refer Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM with Cascade article for detailed information on this integration! The article details how to update an action’s progress. However, the steps are the same, except that you need to choose Update measure current or historical value in Cascade rather than choosing Update action current progress!
You've now successfully established the trigger and action. Now, with ease and no efforts from you, your values will get updated automatically in Cascade, every time the relevant event is triggered in Dynamics 365!
- You can add a step for Scheduler and then run a query to fetch a dataset from Dynamics 365 to decide on what values you need to bring into Cascade.
- You can add your own custom unit if you do not find the unit of your choice. Just enter the text or symbol, and it’ll prompt you to add it to the list.
- Choose the options under “maintain metric” when you need to customize the health of your measure.
This integration provides you with all the elements for an effective “data storytelling”.
- Bring precise and up-to-date “data”: Track the progress precisely and on time with automatic sync between the Dynamics 365 opportunities and the measures in Cascade.
- Build engaging “visuals”: Visualize the progress with the various measure widgets and custom charts in the dashboards.
- Create compelling “narratives”: Build reports to make guided decisions based on the progress made in these measures and thereby the objectives in the plans.
My test with Zapier was unsuccessful. How should I proceed?
You can skip the test, and proceed to publish the zap. It might still reflect the progress in Cascade perfectly. But if it does not update the value, then reach out to us.
There is a connection error with Zapier!
Start a new zap connection and redo the steps.
"404 or Troubleshoot" error!
Please check if you've a measure created in Cascade with Zapier chosen as Tracking! Create a new zap, and redo the steps! If the issue persists, please contact us!
I've completed all the steps, and yet the Publish to Zap is disabled. Why?
Look out for against any of the steps. If this is shown, it means that the particular step is not completed. Please go back, complete that step, and you'll now see that the publish is enabled!